To quote @vidgames_bible:
"Holy crap this update did wonders... Framerate, performance, game looks better...The new build is awesome."
Like I've said before, the way I see it, running on walls is to Energy Hook as grinding a rail is to Tony Hawk - I imagine players mixing the swinging and wall-running and I play with the wall-run button held down a lot of the time much as I used to hold the grind button in TH. But I've noticed most of my players and youtubers weren't doing that.
So, this update: easier wall running, more walls to run on, race challenges that *require* wall running, and I've made running on the ground better too. You don't drive like a truck so much anymore.
Also, Unity 5: Better framerate! More solid physics! Fewer crashes! Different lighting model!
I think y'all are going to like this one.
Sorry, Windows is the only one up now; Linux and OSX coming next.
And I've done some other stuff too:
- Swinging over water is safer and easier (props to @gamegrin and others)
- Fixed it so a second controller (such as a steering wheel) doesn't mess it up (props to @bluecat16475 & hardsoftco)
- Put in new energy hook detach sound effect
- All challenges can be cancelled now (props to MDF)
- Increased geocache collection radius (props to Buffalo_Ruthless) and added sound
- Made sure jump-jet effect turns off after you land (props to Buffalo_Ruthless)
- Backer rewards for my Kickstarter supporters
- Stopped cutting your line when you're too close to a structure
- Increase the vertical boost when you let go of a line
- Fixed the order of the race-the-island hoops
- Fixed the hoops in the New Atlantis jumping-and-boosting race
- Fixed bug where you could swing on light columns
- Fixed problems activating challenges