There's a method behind the madness to my update labeling scheme. The a is for alpha. The first number is what source control system iteration I'm on - I never meant to go to a third system, but circumstances warranted. (I lost the admin password to the second one. :P) Then the number after the dot is the version / changelist number.
So, it's been over two months, and over 70 revisions (I don't even remember how many changes went in before the source control system switch), so I have lost track of all the new stuff that's gone in. But here are some highlights:
- You bail if you hit a surface too hard, and ragdoll physics takes over. That was a stretch goal we never reached. And I did it anyway! Instead of just finishing the damn game!
- New levels! Keegan O'Rourke's Sky Gardens, Killst4r's A-Star Island AKA Dark City, and Antonio Revard has been giving the challenge levels a makeover. Those challenge levels are now separate individual challenges scattered throughout the game, like the more abstract levels from a Mario game.
- More sound and music work by Brian Luzietti.
- Macro game stuff. You earn "cred" by placing higher in challenges and finding geocaches, and that cred then unlocks new teleporter gates and levels up your gear.
- Speaking of gear, new red-and-silver gear has been modeled and textured by Jim McAllister III and Israel Evans. Looks better and renders faster.
- The jetpack and jumping has been tweaked to feel "punchier" - it still has a ways to go, but it's better.
- But I also nerfed the jetpack! I giveth and I taketh away. The cooldown is longer so you can't judiciously manage your fuel and basically fly. Hanzai called me on that on the forums and I finally dealt with it.
- When doing a trick attack challenge, you don't have to cash in your last trick before time runs out, it'll automatically cash in for you without you losing the points.
- Upgraded to Unity 4.3.
And that's not all.
There are a couple obvious bugs you'll notice right off the bat, and don't have to report, because I already know about them:
- if you have a Mac, the graphics are messed up. They're doing weird banding in some levels, and the contrast is out of control on other levels.
- it's easy to get her locked into her crouching about-to-jump pose and stuck there.
If you're interested in seeing ALL THE BUGS I know about, there's an eye-glazing list here. Lower priority numbers mean I'm going to get to them first. Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Anything under 1 I currently consider absolutely must-fix, so ... I better get on that. There's 84 of those. How many can I fix per day? We'll find out.
Once I fix those - and any new ones that crop up in the meantime - I'll be willing to call the game "Beta" or "Content and Feature Complete."
And don't worry, I don't expect you to check the bug list before giving me feedback. Go ahead and give it to me, on the forums -- http://happionlabs.com/forums -- and I'll sort it all out later.
So. If you're already a backer, enjoy, and if you aren't, what are you waiting for?
Wow, the bugsheet is like a leaderboard for best testers, my highscore is 0.6, aww yeah.
Interesting to look at, it show's energy hook's progress so far and continued future.
Posted by: H1bbe | December 13, 2013 at 06:57 PM
You done updating? Its been more than a month...
Posted by: polimerjones | January 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Nope - a new tiny update is coming Real Soon Now (tm).
Posted by: Happionlabs | January 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM