The first two Macs I ran the game on - my brother's and one the Google guys were using - ran the game fine, so I assumed the reports of Mac problems that had been trickling in were the exception rather than the rule. But it seems like most Macs are having this problem. Sorry to all of you Mac users out there.
This is all my bad, I know - the Ogre 3D and Bullet Physics NaCl demos run fine on the same machines. Something stupid I'm doing - just haven't figured out what yet - and I can't justify the expense of buying a Mac to track it down, so I've been borrowing time on friend's machines when we can fit our schedules together.
I was sure I'd figured it out last night - found a particularly egregious line of code, don't know why I put it in there - but no.
I'm tempted to start a KickStarter project "sixty second shooter for Mac" to fund the hardware purchase but I don't want to wait that long to get it fixed...
In the meantime, it's gone over 1000 installs on the Chrome Web Store and part of me is saying "slow down! slow down! let me get the facebook stuff in and get it working on macs first!"
And, here's the leaderboard going into the weekend. Tournament ends on Sunday, midnight GMT. Some high scores on there!
Not sure if this helps, but when I first ran 60 second shooter on my MBP it ran at a decent FPS. This was before you were doing text as HTML, and some time after you made that change the performance got dramatically worse. (I don't think it's actually related to the HTML change; I deleted everything but the embed tag via the inspector and the performance is still slow)
Posted by: Timothy Fitz | November 06, 2011 at 06:46 AM
That helps! I can try to do the revert-code-till-it-works thing, though that will put the code out-of-sync with my version of nacl. I knew I should have checked everything in.
And I didn't know you could do that in the inspector. Cool!
Posted by: Jamie Fristrom | November 07, 2011 at 10:16 AM