And a new tournament begins, with new tweaked mechanics.
The winner last week, sniping Anonymous's score of 800K this morning, was TomoMoriwaki (again) with a whopping 5M points. I should offer some kind of prize for winning the tournament. Except Tomo would always get it.
So one of the biggest changes in this update is I'm fixing an exploit with the Chain Reaction. Tomo will still win, but not by so gosh-darn much. I'm also making the Chain Reaction harder to attain - perfect world, in my mind, is it's like the Blazing Speed from Bejeweled Blitz - something even really good players only see a fraction of the time.
Other changes this version:
- graphical improvements
- glow and blur - that you can disable
- choose between in-game and browser fonts
- new slow-mo powerup
- more powerups active at any one time - should make game less random
- quicker death cycle (as I mentioned last post)
- autofire - your machine gun is always on
- and some other stuff that I'm forgetting
Enjoy! (Here's a screenshot with blur off:)