Hey everybody - after a bunch of false starts I got updated builds onto Humble that I believe aren't rubbish. Alpha 4.31, codename Mukor.
One of the biggest changes in the new update is the MUKOR cheat - anywhere in the menu or the game you can type MUKOR to unlock all the content. So if you're having trouble finding or getting to some of the levels, that's your key. If you do find yourself using the MUKOR cheat, I'd appreciate it if you shoot me a quick email at email@example.com letting me know why you felt compelled to do it, though. ;)
And I'm drawing a line in the sand - my next update will be on Steam. Hopefully I'll have that ready before July is over - that's what my new, working schedule tells me - but the kids are almost done with school - I don't know how much that's going to slow me down!
Here's some other stuff that made it into this build:
* Various tutorial improvements
* Fixed the "spawn multiple ragdolls when you eat it" bug (I'm going to miss that one)
* Fixed the "get launched into space when you run up the edge of a building" bug (I'm going to miss that one, too)
* Fixed some problems with the ragdoll shaders
* Got most of the billboards and the Hall of Presidents in (if you just got me your billboard or president art in the last few weeks it's probably not in yet, though - sorry. Next update!)
* You get trick points for 360's
* Lots of improvements to challenge levels: calling them 'good enough to ship'
* All the trick attack challenges have leaderboards now
* Made it easier to step into teleporters
* Changed order in which levels are presented and unlocked
* Ground movement tweaking - but it's still not there yet, the curse of letting the physics drive the animation instead of the other way around: it's great for the air but not so much for the ground
* Tweaked the unlocking system (it used to be too hard; then too easy; now it's Just Right)
* Fixed global fog translucency issues in Misty City
* Splash sounds when you hit water are back
* Doesn't respawn you too close to the edge anymore (that was the worst, the endless loop of respawning and falling and respawning...)
* Fixed crash bug going from first level to challenge levels and back (it still crashes sometimes but that's Unity's fault; I've got a bug report in)
* Gave Grav Ship Dock an underside
* Made it so you can do tiny-ish jumps again in charge jump mode
* Made it so the landing sound volume is proportional to the speed you hit
That's most of them! Sounds like a lot when I list them all out like that; I've been busy!
If you're not a backer yet you can join in the fun at http://energyhookgame.com.